MRIs: AACR2 Rule Interpretations
|B.1.||below and only in the prescribed areas of the catalogue entry.|
Use only the abbreviations listed or defined below and only in the prescribed areas of the catalogue entry.
|B.2.||1) those abbreviations that are found in the source(s) from which the access points are established.
Fanning, David St. John
( source of information reads: by David St. John Fanning )
( legal name of firm is: A.N. J. Incorporated )
2) abbreviations from B. 14 below for jurisdiction qualifiers of place names.
1) those abbreviations that are an integral part of the uniform title
[ Aventures de M. Croix ]
2) etc. , when prescribed in the rules for uniform titles (see Chapter 25)
3) op., and no., when prescribed in uniform titles for music (see 25.25-25-35)
[Scherzo, piano, op. 20, A major]
[Symphonies, no. 7, B minor]
|B.4.||the source of information.
U.S. highways revisited …
Mr. and Mrs. Peter White : a farce in one act …
60 years of the Past Presidents Assn. of the Native Sons of the Golden West, 1900-1960 / by Peter Thomas Conmy
|B.5.1.||the source of information.
3 ème édition
(appears as 3 ème édition in the item)
|B.5.2.||as appropriate, for cartographic materials and music.|
|B.5.3.||the source of information.
London : Victor Gollancz Ltd.
|B.5.4.||below. Do not abbreviate “page(s),” “volume(s),” “illustration(s),” etc.|
|B.5.5.||the source of information.|
1) abbreviations transcribed from the source of information
Attributed to “Mr. H.G. James” in editors foreword
2) the abbreviations found in B.12, below.
|B.5.7.||standard numbers, ISBN, ISSN , etc..|
|B.14||Delete Distrito Federal, DF ; and Yukon Territory, Yukon|